This week has been yet another in a series of terribly difficult weeks. Many of us have more questions, more confusion, and more fear than we know what to do with.
When senseless tragedy strikes, often it is young voices that are able to speak the words that we desperately need to hear. This week is no different.
In Hogwarts, your young UUs were asked a huge question: How can UUs use our magic to shield the world from the Dark Arts?
Each House responded differently, but there are some beautiful common threads:
- “Stand up for a friend.”
- “Be nice and don’t curse stuff.”
- “Make friends. That does not mean fight to make friends.”
- “Be respectful. Be responsible. Be safe. Be a buddy.”
- “Show friendship – speak respectfully.”
- “Amplify the voices of others.”
- “Help others to help others.”
- “There is always more than one choice.”
And finally, from Albus Dumbledore himself:
“Happiness can be found even in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”