Dear WBUUC High School Youth Families,
A few important updates for you; there is a lot here, so please read carefully!
This Sunday, March 10: With so many of our families driving in from all over metro area, we are once again encouraging everyone to check the road conditions before making a decision about whether or not to drive to WBUUC tomorrow.
- We would still like to keep moving forward with youth service planning! I am inviting those of you who cannot be at church on Sunday to join in via Zoom web conferencing at 11; we will spend a few minutes checking in with one another, and then we will chat a bit about this month’s theme. (to join in, Please see the information, below).
- Homework: Our theme (SPIRIT: The Practice of Breathing) is all around us—in music, in poetry, literature, reflections of your own, etc.— please take a few minutes this week and to add some of this wisdom into the Google Doc I created HERE. There are no right or wrong answers here!
Next Sunday, March 17th:
- Because we will be leading worship at the end of the month, I am strongly encouraging those who do not have other obligations at 9am to attend the worship service at 9.
- at 11am, we will start using some of the materials you all have added to our Google Doc to start the work of framing our service.
- We have also been invited to visit Unity Church-Unitarian in Saint Paul that evening for their 4:30pm worship service and youth group after that. Please click HERE to RSVP to let me know if you plan to attend.
Sunday, March 24th:
- 9am: youth are strongly encouraged to attend the 9am service,
- 11am: Youth service planning retreat begins and goes until 2:30. Lunch provided.
Saturday, March 30th:
- we will have an evening rehearsal for the youth service from 5pm-7pm. Please plan to arrive a few minutes early so that you can be ready to rehearse right at 5pm.
Sunday, March 31st:
- Youth Service at 9am and 11am!—Please plan to arrive no later than 8am.
Friends, if you missed our first planning sessions last week, please know that you are still welcome to join us! Youth will take on many different roles as we plan this service: some will be speaking, others providing music, while others might just want to help craft the service. Come share your gifts!
See you all soon!