WELCOME TO THE WBUUC RE TEACHING TEAM!
So much of Unitarian Universalist religious education relies on the building of multigenerational relationships; our children and youth watch with awe and wonder as they observe the beloved community around them, they learn how to live our Principles in the world by watching how we engage in justice work, and they learn the meaning of a lifelong dedication to the free disciplined search for truth and meaning when they learn and grow each week with dedicated teachers by their side. This important work would not be possible without your presence, love and dedication. Together we make it a holy place.
Our Welcome teacher packet is now online! View informational documents below and print forms to return to the Religious Education office.
Questions? contact Amy Peterson Derrick at firstname.lastname@example.org or 651.426.2369 ext. 106
Are you teaching in our classrooms on Sundays?
Click here for Sunday morning RE volunteer FAQs.
2 forms are required to teach in our Religious Education Programs:
- Background check authorization (must be completed once every three years. If you aren’t sure if you have a screening form on file, contact Amy Peterson Derrick at email@example.com)
- RE Policy – Forms – Volunteer Information and Code of Ethics (a new form should be completed each year)
Save The Dates!
Sept. 10, 2016 | 10am-2pm Fall Teacher Retreat
Sept. 11, 2016 | 9 & 11am Opening Sunday
March, 18, 2016 | 9:30am -1pm Teacher’s Cafe | First Universalist in Minneapolis
Find the Teaching schedule for fall and spring semesters here: Sunday schedule 2016-17
Getting Started: What’s Required to teach at WBUUC
- Active involvement at WBUUC for at least 1 year
- Attend a teacher training session
- Complete background screening and code of ethics forms
- For Summer Semester: sign up for one or more Sundays
- For Fall or Spring Semesters: sign up for 13 Sundays at either the 9am or 11am service (substitutes are available)
- An open mind and open heart
Teachers are also invited to:
- youth ally training in the fall
- quarterly teacher’s circles at WBUUC a regional RE event in the spring to hear from a special guest speaker and connect with UU RE volunteers from across the state.