Grow Your Soul and Serve Your World along side our children and youth in Religious Education.
Discover new spiritual practices, songs, rituals, and wisdom.
Help guide our children and youth as they grow in spirit and make their own discoveries.
Strengthen your own UU faith in a multigenerational setting.
Engage with our monthly worship themes and our faith in a whole new way.
Make connections with other adults who are committed to teaching our children and youth.
Connect with children and their families.
Help build and grow our multigenerational community.
Connect. Grow. Serve.
Requirements for RE Teachers at WBUUC:
- Active involvement at WBUUC for at least 1 year
- Attend a teacher training session
- Complete background screening and code of ethics forms
- For Summer Semester: sign up for one or more Sundays
- Fall or Spring Semesters: sign up for 12 Sundays at either the 9am or 11am service (substitutes are available)
- Wednesday evenings: sign up for one Wednesday a month
Teachers are also invited to:
- quarterly teacher’s circles at WBUUC
- a regional RE event in the spring to hear from a special guest speaker and connect with UU RE volunteers from across the state.
click here for forms and schedules
There are many ways to Grow and Serve as a religious education volunteer.
Learn more about the many different ways to volunteer here.
Ours is a cooperative program and we ask families to participate in supporting our program in some way. Some roles are for one-time events, others are a weekly time commitment; whichever way you choose to volunteer, it is a great way to get connected to others in your UU community and to support this ministry. Please select a role that you are interested in and our staff will contact you to see what works for your schedule. For more information about each of these roles, visit http://bit.ly/wbuucREvolunteer. Thank you for Growing and Serving with us!
Classroom Support | All Ages | Sun. AM
Classroom Support | All Ages | Wed. PM
Chapel Sunday Volunteer | Sun. AM
Family Event Volunteer
Field Trip Driver
Greeter/ Hospitality | Sun. AM
Inclusion Buddy | Sun. AM
Nursery Support | Sun. AM
Playground / Garden maintenance
Religious Education Committee
Social Action Projects
Teen Event Chaperone
Weekday Office Volunteer
Youth Group | Sun. AM